Saturday, 26 October 2013

Research question and answers I have constructed to help guide my writing process

Thanks to Simon Hopper, my dyslexia support tutor, I was able to construct a guide to writing my work before I had started. His #1 advice was to know what my point was, or what I wanted to say and why that mattered before any writing took place. To help myself to this I have written down my research question, answered it briefly and then composed a short explanation as to the importance of such research.

As it will not be included in the final dissertation I would like to record it here:

Q: how can artists and designers justify using the crowd to generate their work?

A: by releasing the results back into the crowd with emphasis on crediting the contributions to deal with issues surrounding authorship.
Doing so should let the crowd analyse the results and learn new things about its own capabilities.

Q: So what?

A: Today we are always part of the crowd, yet we do not fully understand what it is capable of. Therefore, anything we do that allows us to grow more aware as a crowd is beneficial and essential for us as individuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment